Saturday, March 31, 2012

Super Salad #6: Mexicali Fiesta

4 c. cooked black beans
2 c. fresh or frozen corn, lightly sauteed
1 c. jicama, chopped
3 stalks celery with leaves, chopped
1 each: red, yellow, orange, and green bell pepper
1 1/2 c. cooked millet
3 hearts romaine, chopped
Tomatillo-Avocado Dressing, below

Toss beans, corn, jicama, celery, bell peppers and millet. Spoon onto romaine and serve with dressing.

Tomatillo-Avocado Dressing
3 tomatillos, husked
½ c. cilantro
Juice of 1 lime
½ jalapeno, seeds removed and chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 small avocado, peeled and pitted
4 green onions

Blend all ingredients until smooth. Add a pinch of salt if needed.

To your health and happiness,
Hailey

1 comment:

  1. I love tomatillos! I usually forget they exist, since they're not exactly on the top of my radar when grocery shopping. Thanks for reminder though. I'll be sure to grab some next time I'm out and try your dressing.

    ReplyDelete