Monday, January 23, 2012

White Bean Chili


It's snowing, and I'm in the mood for something that will really warm me up! Below is an adaptation of a recipe from Anitra Kerr at Simply Living Smart .

White Lightning Chili
1 medium onion, chopped
1-2 cloves, minced
1 bell or serrano or anaheim pepper, chopped
2 cans Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
1 can veggie broth
2 cans chopped green chilies
1/2 tsp. salt, optional
1 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
1/2 c. non-dairy milk

Saute onion, garlic, and pepper in 2 Tb. of the broth. Add remaining ingredients except milk. Simmer 15-20 minutes. Add milk and serve.

To your health and happiness,
Hailey

2 comments:

  1. yum! this looks delicious! Just wanted to stop by and say thank you for all your great blog posts. I have been eating 90% nutritarian since I read your blog 2 1/2 weeks ago, and I am already down 14 lbs! I also feel amazing! my kids also have been DEVOURING the food I feed them! love it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I'm so glad it's working for you. I appreciate your kind comments. It's responses like yours that keep me going when I wonder why I'm doing this.

    ReplyDelete